Terms and Conditions
1. You contact us with a written request or a booking.
2. Trails of Chile Ltda send a quotation or confirmation & Invoice.
3. You will receive your full travel documents with the first service booked through Trails of Chile.
1. Pre-payment of 30% of the total amount is required upon confirmation and to be paid to Trails of Chile directly to our bank account or with credit card. Costs for bank transfer and charges for payment with credit card (approx. 4% extra charge) have to be covered by yourself.
2. Full payment must be effected at least 30 days prior arrival to Chile. Exceptions due to special condition of service providers you book through Trails of Chile will be clearly mentioned in the Confirmation & Invoice. Costs for bank transfer and charges for payment with credit card (approx. 4% extra charge) have to be covered by yourself.
III. Travel Insurance
A travel insurance is not included. We strongly recommend you to take a Travel insurance in your home country.
IV. Passports, Visa, Customs and Health Requirements
You are responsible yourself to comply with applicable passport, visa, customs and health requirements. This information can be obtained at the relevant institutions (Consulate, Customs Offices, etc.). We can provide contact details upon request.
1. Cancellations have to be communicated to us in writing. The following cancellation fees will apply:
Up to 75 days before departure: USD 200 per booking
From 75 to 31 days before departure: 50% of sales value
From 30 to 0 days before departure: 100% of sales value
Already made payments will be refunded according to mentioned cancellation fees less our wire costs.
2. Certain service providers like cruises or hotel packages may have special payment and cancellation conditions, which will be mentioned in the Confirmation & Invoice.
VI. Cancellation due to circumstances beyond our control
1. If the journey due to unpredictable happenings (e.g. war, riots, natural catastrophe, epidemics, strikes or any unavoidable event beyond Trails of Chile’s control) is hampered, endangered or impaired, the traveler or Trails of Chile are entitled to terminate the contract. Trails of Chile reserves the right to claim for compensation for expenses that may occur.
2. In case of cancellation due to Force Majeur, Trails of Chile is obligated to take all necessary measures, especially with regard to transporting the traveler back to the destination (if this was part of the tour confirmed by Trails of Chile). Possible costs have to be covered by the traveler.
VII. Alteration of travel after commencement of travel
Any alteration that a traveler is requesting after the booked tour has started Trails of Chile will try to implement but we cannot guarantee that it will be possible. Any additional costs due to cancellation or re-booking arrangements the traveler has to cover.
VIII. Liabilities and limitations of liabilities
1. Trails of Chile is liable in due diligence of a scrupulous merchant for diligent Travel preparations, careful selection of the suppliers, correctness of the described services, and for the realization of the services confirmed in the confirmation.
2. Trails of Chile is liable, if one of its contracted staffs does not full fill the contracted services.
3. If within a tour additional transportation with a line operation (e.g. regular buses) is organized, for which the traveler receives a boarding ticket, then Trails of Chile is offering external services. Trails of Chile cannot be held liable for the fulfillment.
4. Liability of Trails of Chile is limited or excluded to the extent of which liabilities of other providers are also limited or excluded on behalf of legal regulations.
5. Liability of Trails of Chile excludes the personal belongings of travelers unless they are placed inside a vehicle (not to be seen from the outside).
All matters concerning a booking with Trails of Chile shall be governed and construed in accordance to Chilean law and each party agrees to submit all such matters to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Chilean courts. Place of court is Puerto Varas.
The traveler’s personal data provided will be treated as strictly confidential and only used for the absolute necessary to realize the booked services.